Friday, March 11, 2011

Yesterday I settled on my research design being Grounded Theory. I think it makes more sense than the others and it makes more sense for the question I am seeking to answer. Also, I settled on a design. I will contact several universities and junior colleges. I will find African American males who have switched majors and contact them to interview them to find out what led them to changing their major. I do think I wish to use mixed methods although I am not sure what kind of quantitative data would help me answer the question or be part of the design. Maybe I can survey the African American males who have dropped computer science as a major and quantify the data that way in terms of their attitude or experiences around their computer science experience. I also sent my chapter 1 to Margaret. She needed to read it again since it had been awhile. Yesterday I compiled a list of schools that I have access. Today I continued to think about my design, summarized reports, and contact schools.

1. Huston-Tillotson, Austin Texas
2. Austin Community College
3. Houston Community College
4. The University of Texas
5. Prairie View
6. Rice
7. University of Houston
8. Texas Southern University
9. Trinity University
10. University of Texas at San Antonio
11. Morehouse University
12. Texas A&M Commerce
13. San Antonio College
14. St. Phillips College
15. St. Mary's University

No comments: