Wednesday, March 09, 2011

This morning I read an article by Paul Gorski titled Education Equity and the Digital Divide that set me on fire. The article validated many of my thoughts for when I first embarked on the journey to earn my phd and situated me in the fight for digital equity. This is what I am all about. Digital Equity and Math Literacy are the civil rights issue of the 21st century. He also made me consider Multicultural Education as a theoretical framework. I will discuss with Margaret and search for my book on the topic by Banks. I also became aware of this organization The National Telecommunications and Information Administration as a huge resource of information. Here is their link: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/
I also uncovered several sources that I will need to read and review for my chapter 2. But Paul Gorski is definitely a player. I learned much and got a lot out of this article even if it was the only one I was able to do in today's session. It was worth it. In Thursday's session which will be in the afternoon as I am pitching the radio show in the morning, I will go over the new sources and summarize those before reading and summarizing the other article I have that was written by Gorski. I also had a productive Skype session with Margaret this afternoon where she gave me several ideas for design and also validated that I could use Grounded Theory or Comparative Case Study.


1. AAM who go in IT
2. Whites who go into IT
3. African American Males who do not


High school kids who had an apptitude, where are they now


African American males who came in majoring in computer science but now 2 years later are not
in the major

just interviewing of African American males

No comments: