Friday, March 25, 2011

Yesterday I finished reading Technology and Equity in Schooling: Deconstructing the Digital Divide. I still need to write it up. I also read the article on Gaming and closing the digital divide. After talking with Margaret on wednesday I was confused about why I should speak with a counselor in career services. After she explained it I got it. What she meant was that I am trying to find out why African American males don't go into IT. Her thought was that someone who might have ideas about this are career advisors. They talk to people all of the time and might have some insights. This information will help me to develop my own questionnaires. I immediately contacted the career counseling department at Lone Star College. I am meeting with them on Monday. This work is for my chapter 3. I also thought of other folks that I could speak with about this. So, I contacted Joyce Rivera of MacArthur High School and asked her who I could speak with. He suggested a teacher named Krystal Gordon who I have an appointment to meet with on Monday as well. I also sent a note to the department chair of the computer science department at Lone Star College-CyFair. I also sent a note to the head of the computer science department at UT to setup a meeting. I came up with a few other ideas but did not move on them.

No comments: