Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I started doing some of the leg work for my chapter 3. I had an appointment with the career services office of Lone Star College Cypress. The person I met with did not have any information for me but she was able to connect me with a student who had started to pursue engineering at the University of Houston who had returned back to the community college. She is going to get permission from the student. Hopefully I will hear back from the student soon and I will be able to setup a time to connect with him. She also put me in touch with others in the office who may be able to help. I am meeting with Peggie Osbourn on Tuesday. Also I will be attending their job fair on April 20th to have an opportunity to actually get contact information of actual companies and I may be able to speak with them. Today I also spoke with Wayne Hicks of BDPA in order to setup interviews during the conference in Chicago. The conference will take place in Chicago. I also met with Krystal Gordon. Krystal is a teacher at MacArthur High School in Houston. She gave me many insights and also connected me with another teacher who teaches math as well as her a hiring manager. I am also looking forward to meeting her brother. I have used her notes as a starting point from my chapter 3.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kai - Let me know if you have specific folks in mind to interview.

peace, Wayne