Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I had my meeting with Margaret today. Here are the talking points from the conversation.

Speak to professors to find out why African Americans leave the major
Speak to the student she mentioned
Think about what it is I want to know. (I want to know why is it that African American males are going into the information technology field)
Start working on my chapter 3. Look at examples
Talk to a career placement office in order to decide how I will come up with what or who to ask
comparative case study (whites vs. black)
Talk to students who once majored, then changed. Pay attention to what comes up of any of these conversations.
Fred Erickson studies
Use her modules as a starting point for chapter 3
Speak to some white and some black IT professors

Take all of this in, keep on my path.

No comments: