Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Yesterday I did not get to do much in terms of reading and writing. But since my goal is to be persistent and produce an artifact each day, I did read another study and summarize it. I also spent some time thinking about my dissertation. In other words, what is my research design? I am not clear on that. I thought about doing a mixed-study, because I think it would make for a better study but I am not sure what the qualitative piece would be. What came out of my thinking and conversations with Dr. Odom is when I go to work on my paper at the library it does not have to all be focused on one piece. So, from now on my work will be on different parts. I will do some thinking, some reading and writing on chapter 2 and some work on what my design. This morning I have started my reading in Business Research Methods by Alan Bryman and Emma Bell. It has helped. I will read and take notes and spark my thinking here for the first few hours today and then I will switch to reading 3 or 4 studies and summaries. I also have found a full dissertation that I need to read and check out the references.

No comments: