Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Today I communicated with Dr. Riel via email and found out that I should have been writing chapter 1 and chapter 2 while I was reading. I have not been doing that. She also mentioned how I may go about producing these chapters. Tonight I am officially starting the writing process. She also mentioned that I was narrowing in on my topic. I thought I already had a topic. I want to look at the question of Why African Americans are so underrepresented in the field of Information Technology or Computer Science. She and another one of my classmates also gave me a few ideas about how I could do design a study by doing a school comparison which I am not interested. Another idea is to interview young African Americans in Information Technology about their high school culture as it relates to IT. I will do more reading this week with this idea in mind later in the week. Tonight I want to get the writing started and do a little more reading in The Craft of Research to get a better idea of what is a topic.

No comments: