Friday, August 28, 2009

Yesterday I begin reading New Literacies by Colin Lankshear and Michele Knobel. This is another text that we used in class that I was not able to read deeply during the courses. I connected with it after studying Warschauer and his ideas about literacy as well as Pedagogy of the Oppressed. I have also begin reading Persuasive Technology by BJ Fogg. This is very interesting from the standpoint of technology being embedded and social (discussed in Warschauer). It is also giving me ideas from the standpoint of analyzing the digital divide. I have read much about the issues now focusing on usage, relevance and social practices. Fogg discusses the persuasiveness of technology. Can we use technology to get people to use technology? That is my question as I read.

No comments: