Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I am still reading. I completed my re-read of Warshchauer (Technology and Social Inclusion). There is much good information regarding why marginalized communities are not embracing technology, but more importantly his work points out the ramifications for these groups. It led me to several other documents to read which I plan to continue this week. Tonight I will decide if I want to get into more detail on Situated Learning, Critical Pedagogy, New Literacies, or Persuasive Technologies. I also have several articles that I downloaded while reading Warshchauer and Jane Margolis. The overarching theme that seems to be present is not so much lack of physical access to computers but more how they are used and what attitudes are cultivated regarding their use. Much of what I read lately leads me back to social learning theory and what we talked about with Vygotsky, and Lave and Wenger, Communities of practice, etc. This part is exciting to me because there is where I want to be. Further it connects me to broader theories that I was studying before Culturally Relevant Pedagogies which are based on Vygotsky and Lave. I guess I will continue reading.

Kai

No comments: