Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Last week I re-read and actually studied Stuck in the Shallow End. I followed that up by getting into Technology and Social Inclusion. My goal was to complete this work but family duties prevented that. I will finish it this week. Both books have really helped me to see where I wish to go. It has allowed me to see the connection with social learning theory. I went and grabbed Daniels and How People Learn as I remembered how I resonated with those. Both books emphasize how the problems are social problems. This also allowed me to connect with ideas I was studying for my initial study regarding Culturally Relevant Pedagogy. I can how this will all have a place. I can even see a connection with Communities of Practice. So, anyway I am still reading. I also read an article by Claude Steele entitled "Race and the Schooling of African Americans that was referenced in Stuck in the Shallow End.

No comments: