Thursday, January 06, 2011

I am reading literature reviews to get a better idea of what is expected of this chapter. I have completed my reading of The Next Generation of Community College Presidents: Critical Characterstics, Competencies and Professional Experiences written by Kathleen Plinkse. I learned a lot from reading this one. Right now I am reading Single-Gender Schools and Inner City; Can They Work? Is a Single Gender Setting a positive educational setting for African American Males by Mateen Diop. I should finish reading it on Friday and then I have one more I would like to read before I develop my first draft. Here is what I have learned and planned to do.

1. Review each of my articles (try to have 50 or so)
2. Write a Summary of each one
3. Do a literature map based on the categories that emerge
4. Organized what I have to itegrate the content
5. Weave the content in a way to present where my study adds to
6. I also intend to do a a little more research (new content)

My goal is to send my literature review map to Margaret by next Friday. Once I get that back I intend to produce my first draft a few days after that. That is the plan.

No comments: