Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I am still writing my chapter 1. I have 18 pages. I am still adding citations that I think are important. However, I also need to work on the flow of it and continue to produce my headings. Early in this week, I intend to finish my citations for this first draft and get all of my headings done and complete the flow. I should submit this first draft on Sunday. I will work on my paper every day this week including Saturday and Sunday in order to reach this goal. During my quiet time this morning, the thought arose that perhaps the reason I am still in an IT workplace is because this is the context I need to ask my research question. It is where I have the most familiarity with the profession and where I have the best access. The question is does the workplace provide the population that can answer the question: Why Are There So Few African Americans Choosing Careers in Information Technology?
And if so, how can I design a study around that question?

-Kai

No comments: