Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today I finished reading from "A Struggle Worthy of Note: The Engineering and Technological Education of Black Americans. This is an excellent resource. I wish I could find the author. I learned a great deal in reading it. I learned about the racism and exclusionary practices that kept African Americans from participating in the technical professions as well as the changes in these policies as the technical leadership of the country began to be threatened. I will certainly in my next session review the book and add more to my summary of it that I can use in my chapter 2 as well as other chapters. Also, next time I will post my notes from my meeting with Mario Berry and I am looking forward to other interviews that I have setup such as Lisette Titre. I need to also connect with NACME and the group mentioned in Jerlando Jackson's paper.

No comments: