Monday, August 16, 2010

This week I was able to reach my goals. I removed all of the references to Jane Margolis and Stuck in the Shallow End except 2 which I chose to leave. I also read and edited the paper and sent copies to Leah and Mateen for their feedback. I also added a couple of more references (Espinosa, Bayer). I also ran the report through TurnItIn and received an originality report and an originality score of 15%. In my next session I plan to:

1). Review based on feedback from Diop and Wickersham
2). Remove similarities
3). Run through TurnItIn
4). Add citation from Making a case for stem
5). Read and Edit
6). Submit to Margaret
7). Send copy to Dr. Margolis

4 comments:

Tracy Talbot said...

Wow, Turnitin sounds likes it's a tough nut...15%?? Yikes! But I suppose nearly everything has been written somewhere else at somepoint, even if it is out of context. How depressing!!

Kai Ajala Dupé said...

yes. what I had to learn was that I need to put in my own words the thought that I may have retrieved from a source. That really slowed me down on my chapter 1, but it was a lesson well learned. I am working on that right now. I just came to my blog to look at my list. By Friday I should have everything in the post done, if I keep working in my hotel room at night like I am doing now. I am actually enjoying it. The information I am coming across is very interesting.

Tracy Talbot said...

Keep reaching for the gold ring! I know you'll achieve everything you've set out to accomplish.

Kai Ajala Dupé said...

You bet I will! So will you!