Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tonight I read an article by Paul C. Gorski. The article was titled:

Multicultural Education and Technology Insisting on Digital Equity: Reframing the Dominant Discourse on Multicultural Education and Technology. I learned a lot. I also learned that Margaret had written in her article and communicated to me via emails was not far from what is being discussed today regarding this issue.


When reviewing the references I noticed a reference to the John T. Barber books that I am reading:

Gandy, O. (2001). African Americans and privacy: Understanding the Black perspective in the
emerging policy debate. In J. Barber & A. Tait (Eds.), The information society and the
Black community (pp. 59-73). Wesport, CT: Praeger.


I also noted a reference from Warschauer. We used one of his books in a class with Linda. I enjoyed his work a great deal and I had already dug it out to use as part of my research:

Warschauer, M. (2003). Technology and social inclusion: Rethinking the digital divide.
Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.

I think I will re-read this article on Thursday and continue reading more articles as I continue to steep myself in the literature.

No comments: